On this Page
Understanding Air Purifiers
Different Types of Air Purifiers
Air Purifier Reviews
Best Air Purifiers for Cars
Best Air Purifiers for Office Cabins
Best Air Purifiers for Living Rooms
Best Air Purifier for Bedrooms
Air Purifiers Information and Reviews
Why Air Purifiers?
An air purifier is a compact device that helps to eliminate smoke, harmful allergens, dust, pet hair and dander, and various other floating impurities from the air that you breathe. While energy-efficient doors and windows are good at restricting the pollutant from entering your home, it also traps a lot of contaminants that are present indoors. This makes it necessary to use one of these devices to improve lung functions and overall health.
But there are various types of air purifiers available in the market with different functionalities. So, choosing the most appropriate one according to your needs can be quite a difficult job. Our detailed guide on air purifiers can help you simplify the selection process.
Types of Air Purifiers
Below we have enlisted the different kinds of air purifiers to choose from –
- HEPA Filters: removes 99.99% allergens from the air, such as animal skin and dander, pollen, dust, and mold spores.
- Antibacterial and Germicidal Filters: use UV filters to eliminate harmful germs and bacteria. These are commonly used in labs, kitchens, and daycare schools to minimize airborne infections.
- Activated Carbon Filters: activated charcoal or carbon filters, absorbs gases and odor and neutralizes smoke, chemicals, and fumes.
- Photocatalytic Oxidation (PCO): uses titanium dioxide-coated metal plate in combination with UV light to oxidize and physically break down the chemicals through the filtration process.
- Ion and Ozone Generators: negative ions combine with impurities such as smoke particles and dusty, making them stick to nearby surfaces.
- Heat Filters: removes organic particles like viruses, mold, bacteria, and dust mites by passing air over a heated ceramic plate of nearly 400-degree Celsius.
- Electrostatic Precipitators: capture particles from the air that precipitate and accumulate on the collector plates and can be washed clean.
- Pre-Filters: use activated carbon to remove odor and smoke and eliminate large particles like pet hair just before the filtration process.
Features To Look Out For
- Washable Pre-filters – Collects large particles before reaching the primary filter, thereby extending the service life of the purifier.
- Filter service indicator light – Indicates with flashing light that it is time to replace the filter.
- Air Quality Sensor – Automatically adjusts the cleaning speed of the purifier by detecting the pollution level of the air.
- Wheels and carrying handles – Purifiers with in-built handle and wheels can make it easier to move the device from one place to another.
- Remote Control – Whether through a phone app or a separate accessory, this helps in adjusting the settings from across the room.
Considerations Before Buying An Air Purifier
- Room Size
- Cost of the replacement filters
Tips To Get The Most Out Of A Filter
Follow our tips to make the most out of your air purifier –
- Clean or replace filters at regular intervals
- Keep the device running 24/7
- Place the purifier strategically
- Vacuum the rooms regularly
- Ensure proper ventilation for the rooms
- Use an exhaust fan for the kitchen
- Reduce the use of products containing chemical components
Air purifiers were unheard of a decade back. But with rising pollution levels, subsequent health implications, and to avoid health care costs, air purifier now has become a necessity in polluted urban locales.
Use the information here and elsewhere on Rejure to buy the best air purifier for your home and office needs.
Air Purifiers Information and Reviews
Got something to share about the content on this page? Please contact Rejure!